The PA-220R is a next-generation firewall appliance in a ruggedized form factor, providing rock-solid network security for severe environments, such as utility substations, power plants, manufacturing plants, oil and gas facilities, building management systems and healthcare networks.
Protection, visibility and control where you need it most
The ruggedized PA-220R next-generation firewall brings you the same PAN-OS® features that protect your largest data centers, offers an extended temperature range and is certified to IEEE 1613 and IEC 61850-3 standards for vibration, temperature and immunity to electromagnetic interference. It provides interactive visibility and control of industrial protocols and applications such as Modbus, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-104, Siemens S7, OSIsoft® PI and more.
Combines simplicity and unparalleled reliability
The PA-220R provides dual DC power inputs and high availability configuration for increased reliability, a fanless design and solid-state storage for quiet operation, and no moving parts for increased reliability. It simplifies the deployment of large numbers of firewalls through its bootstrapping feature and USB port.
- 500 Mbps firewall throughput (1)
- 150 Mbps Threat Prevention throughput (2)
- 100 Mbps IPsec VPN throughput
- 64,000 max sessions
- 4,200 new sessions per second (3)
- 1,000 IPsec VPN tunnels/tunnel interfaces
- 3 virtual routers
- 15 security zones
- 250 max number of policies
1. Firewall throughput measured with App-ID and logging enabled, utilizing 64KB HTTP transactions
2. Threat Prevention throughput measured with App-ID, IPS, antivirus, anti-spyware, WildFire and logging-enabled, utilizing 64KB HTTP transactions
3. New sessions per second measured with application-override, utilizing 1-byte HTTP transactions